Act Together offers a college internship program 3 times per year: fall, spring, and summer. College credit is available but not required. Those with areas of study in non-profit management, counseling, ministry/seminary, business, marketing, communications, social work, child development or similar degrees will find an internship with Act Together Ministries to be challenging and rewarding. The program is designed to give exceptional students real-life experiences working with families and children in need in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities.
Intern will gain leadership and volunteer management experience. Intern will assist the director in the day to day tasks as necessary. Based on the intern’s comfort level, experience may be gained in the following areas: plan project(s), supervise volunteers, help with phone calls, research, work with the database, tutor and/or mentor children. Intern needs to be self-disciplined and able to work without supervision since much of the work will be done virtually.
- No financial compensation is available
- Travel and mileage will be reimbursed
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights and weekends is required
- Interns must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Creative, efficient and ability to follow directions
- Must be able to maintain and appropriately handle confidential information
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Transportation- Position requires some travel and intern will need a car to drive around
- Internships are open to college students only
- Personal cell phone and computer with internet access required.
- Must be a self-starter and self-disciplined
Read what former interns have to say about their internship with Act Together Ministries: Reflections from Former Interns
Interested in applying? Click the “Contact Us” tab at the top of the page and request an internship application.