Does your family need assistance? Do you know a family in need? Act Together is here to help.
Act Together Ministries offers assistance to families with young children in the north Atlanta area.
Eligibility: Act Together provides support to:
- Single Parent households with young children (proof of income required for some services)
- Low income families with young children (proof of income required)
- Families with a special needs child (regardless of income, proof of income required for some services)
- Foster children
Act Together Offers:
- Birthday and Christmas sponsorship to children from low income families.
- Essential Needs: clothing for growing children, food, and school supplies
- Family Events throughout the year
- Educational Incentive program (rewards for children earning good grades in school)
- Scholarships- Sports, extracurricular, and summer camp scholarships are offered when available.
- Referrals to other programs (support groups, work mentoring, child care assistance, housing programs, etc.)
Act Together does NOT offer:
- Financial assistance of any kind
- Assistance with rent/mortgage, utilities, car payments, etc.
- Crisis care
Location: Families must live in the north metro Atlanta area (Forsyth, Cobb, Cherokee, North Fulton, or Gwinnett counties)
While Act Together’s services extend to the five counties listed above, most events (and pick up for services) are located in the South Forsyth and North Fulton. This is due to the fact that most of our support from churches and businesses comes from these areas (and may change as support grows in other areas.) Families further out must be willing to travel for Act Together’s events, programs, and services. IF ROSWELL, CUMMING AND ALPHARETTA ARE TOO FAR FOR YOU TO TRAVEL, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER WITH ACT TOGETHER MINISTRIES. DIAL 211 TO FIND OUT WHAT MIGHT BE AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA.